Epoxy Garage Flooring
Garage Flooring So Nice and Clean You "Might" Be Tempted to Eat Off of It
Epoxy Flooring... Not Just Garage Floor Paint
Most garage floors are just plain, simple gray concrete. Protect that bare concrete garage floors before it becomes stained by grease, oils, and chemicals, and worse yet, pit and crumble, turning that smooth concrete into an ugly eyesore. Transforming your bare concrete floor with an epoxy flooring will give you years of service, durability and high stain resistance, and will enhance your home for years and increase your property value.
Your new epoxy flooring can be easily cleaned with mild, liquid detergents, hosed down or dust mopped. Now that the floor is protected, grease, oils, and most chemicals will not stain or mark the floor at all.
Benefits of epoxy flooring ...
- All around protection for your concrete floor. You'll never have to worry about having a stained, cracked, or pitted floor!
- A huge variety of styles and color options. You can match the floor with your existing decor, taste, and storage system!
- Easy clean up. You won't have to use harsh chemicals or much energy getting your floor nice and clean! Simple soap and water will be all you need.
- A non-slip surface. You'll be as sure footed as a mountain goat in every area of your garage!
- Industrial-quality material. You can rest assured your floor will stand the test of time!
- A great look! No more plain gray or ugly stained floor.
Need More Information, Or Want To Schedule A FREE Consultation?
Or Call Us Today (337) 390-9368
Can you do it yourself?
You may have seen aisles of concrete floor coating products at your local big-box store, and thought that you could do it yourself. Frankly, any handy person could install a garage floor coating using one of the do-it-yourself kits you could find at the big-box store. But before you get started, consider the following...
Three important factors to consider before deciding between a DIY kit and a Garage Floor Coating Installed by Garage Gear Solutions professionals
1. The prep work (the most important step)
A high quality garage floor coating requires a great deal of prep work. The typical box store kit, will generally only recommend an acid etch solution to prepare the floor for the coating. The acid etch just might get the floor fairly clean, but it doesn't even begin to take care of the sealant most concrete garage floors have.
Good prep work before the coating is applied is essential for a successful job. Our process includes:
- Diamond grinding the concrete floor to give it a profile that gives the coating something to attach to. (an acid etch in most cases is simply not aggressive enough)
- Filling cracks and pits using professional grade materials, to ensure a uniform look when the job is all done
- A thorough commercial cleaning, to ensure the floor is free of any dust, debris, or fluids before applying the garage floor epoxy.
2. The quality of the epoxy flooring
The average 'big-box-store' kit is usually a water based floor coating. DIY floor coating manufacturers use a water based formula because it extends the pot life (the time you have to work with the coating) to make it easier to use for the average consumer. Most DIY kits are going to be 50%+ water based. Once the floor dries, you're left with a very thin coating that can take up to a week to cure.
Commercial epoxy floor coatings, like we use, contain 100% solids, which require experienced personnel, but the results are worth it. A professional flooring job will give you a nice, thick coating that will withstand the tests of time. Plus you can have full use of your garage again in 24 hours or less!
3. Experienced professional application
Garage Gear Solutions has both the experience and know how to create a great place for you and your car. The goal of our trained staff is to give you a beautiful and durable garage floor, something you can be proud of...something you will be happy to tell your friends about.
Are you ready to see what the Store|Room can do for your garage floor? Get your phone and give us a call (337) 390-9368 to schedule